Saturday, March 6, 2010

A little funny...



So, I am obsessing over my pictures. Thanks Karilynn for putting them side by side for me. I can't believe the difference, and it makes me so excited.

So, funny little story I'll share. I was so thrilled with my results yesterday. I spent most of my day on cloud 9 million and 99. I couldn't focus, couldn't think, and couldn't accomplish anything. I was in my own la-la land. I needed someone to give me a reality check and bring me down to earth speed. But that didn't happen. So last night I got in the shower to deck myself out for a hot date with my hot hubby. I pulled out of a box of clothes (that have been too small) a really cute outfit. I left my hair down (which hardly ever happens), put on jewelry, make-up and even some really nice perfume. I was feeling GREAT about myself, and it has been a long time since I have felt like I looked good. I needed to go to the grocery store. So I head out on my quest for groceries, and I was ready to strut my stuff. I'm walking around the store collecting the things I needed with my mind building up how good I look and that my hubby and I were going to have a hot date (seriously strutting around the store thinking I LOOK FABULOUS). Then it hit me. "UM, HELLO!!!! (my wake up call) you are still 30 pounds overweight, and no one is really going to notice how you look." And there it was laid before me, that I still have a lot of work to do if I want to make heads turn. I very quickly came to reality that unless I ran into someone that I knew, no one there would have any idea that I have accomplished something great. I had a good laugh about it -- seriously had a good laugh about it. Then finished quickly at the store, and got home to my hubby...who thought I LOOKED FABULOUS!

So, I have a lot of work to do. If I want people's heads to turn, I have a ways to go. But it's doable, and I KNOW IT! The progress I've made just makes it clear to me that I CAN DO THIS! I can continue to lose and become healthy and feel great everyday of my life.

4 comments:

Ellura said...

Hey 2nd place - wonderful! You should be totally proud. You can really tell the difference in your pics. Next time you get all dressed up you should put that pic on your blog! I bet you looked smokin' hot! Good luck with the the next 30 lbs.

Mindy said...

you're pictures do look amazing! you did such a great job... way to go on getting some money in your pocket! hope his month is even better!

Karilynn said...

Seriously wish you would have taken a pic of your sexy night! Next time DO IT!! You deserve to be proud... strut your stuff girl.. who cares if no one is noticing! YOU ARE DOING FABULOUS!!

Our Fam said...

Your pictures look incredible! Its so neat to see them all in a row.