Thursday, February 11, 2010

Excuse #2

So I have been thinking, thinking, thinking. I would have to say that the next excuse that I have is...

2. I want the weight to come off over night. I really don't want to have to focus and work on it. That takes time and can be challenging. So over the years I have looked for many fast fixes. I guess by now I have realized they don't really exist. I have lost weight here and there...and I have always managed to put it back on. I want to go to bed one night and wake up the next morning smaller. Is that too much to ask? So if it can't come off over night then I can't lose anything...it's too hard to work at. There's the excuse "it takes too long."

So I am trying to decide how often I want to weigh myself. I am undecided I am considering, every day, once a week, twice a month, or once a month. I see pros and cons to all of them. So as it stands right now I have not updated my ticker since the BIG WEIGH IN.

It is so nice to be back on track with the blogging. Makes me feel really good inside. I look forward to sitting down at night and writing my thoughts down once the kids are in bed and all is quiet.

My sweet daughter got to be the devils advocate today... She was eating Valentine's Conversation hearts, and she picked out some special ones just for me. So sweet of her. They said "You're #1" "Love you" "You're the Best." I wasn't planning on eating them.I said thank you and tucked them away....until she laid it on thick..."It's not like one will hurt you....They're not going to make you fat....I picked them just for you....Pleeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeee...But mom I love you...." So I ate my 3 little hearts so she knew I loved her back. Just bummed because if I was going to break and eat sugar...I would not have picked conversation hearts.

Well off to do my "slim in 6". Then on to another day.....

4 comments:

Pitbull said...

That is sooo sweet! You know...sometimes those little sacrifices are worth it to our precious children!!!! I don't think you did any harm eating those three little hearts! If it bothers you...go for an extra 15-20min jaunt on the treadmill tomorrow!! LOL!!!

Karilynn said...

I hate those dang conversation hearts.. they taste like blah.. it's too bad she didn't force you to eat Mini Reeses' cup.. THOSE would be savory.. and worth the extra workout! ;)
It is still a victory for you because you had CONTROL!! GO AMANDA GO!

Unknown said...

Reading this kinda makes me laugh, cuz I can totally see what I went thru yesterday in some of your comments today.

Amber said...

Hey Amanda I completly agree I want to weight to come off over night. But not possible to bad though. I am so impatient when it comes to waiting. With children I am good but with loosing weight NOT AT ALL... I want to find something that I can stick with for the rest of my life. You are still doing amazing keep it up..