Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Today has been hard...

I'm an emotional eater. And today has been very emotional. My cousin died very unexpectedly this morning. He had a blood clot in his lungs. He is 31 and leaves a wife and 3 little daughters. I have been so emotional with this that I really wanted some of my favorite comfort foods. Okay, maybe not just some, a lot of my favorite comfort foods. So I did the best thing I could justify. I grabbed my jar of almond butter and a spoon lol (really only ate a little...and it wasn't the same as sugary peanut butter). But I tried. He was one of the best people I know, the kind that would always make laughter fill a room and drop anything he was doing to help someone, even if it meant driving 6 hours to help them.
So tonight I am not really up to blogging. I think I will go sleep instead of eat.

5 comments:

Ellura said...

Oh Amanda, I am sooo sorry to hear about your cousin! Life is tough sometimes.

I hope you are not offended, but I laughed when I read your blog - not the part about your cousin. You talked about being an emotional eater and I was sympathizing with you, and then you said you had a "little" almond butter. lol Way to stay in control.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Carmen said...

So sorry for your loss, that is so hard.

Pitbull said...

So sorry for you loss! Know that you have many people who are thinking of you and your family now. Be strong and true to you.

Moi said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Death of a loved one is never easy. Don't be so hard on yourself, a spoonful of peanut butter will not erase all the hard work you have done.

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I can only imagine the pain and sadness. Hang in there and know you are NOT alone.