Monday, February 15, 2010

So not fair!

Oh to blog....So I took a couple of days off...because I was frustrated and mad! So I worked really hard last week -- really hard. I exercised and exercised and ate well and worked really hard. Probably my hardest week. But my body didn't seem to care that I added the exercise in, except that I was sore all over. My body decided not to shed any pounds. I was so sad. What torture. Really hard to see the scale not go down. I lost so much with no exercise, so it makes it really hard to believe that the exercise will be worth it. But I am not going to give up. I took a couple of days off. I had a nice Valentines. I even ate some chocolate (What can I say? I was mad and worked hard, and it hadn't paid off. So what would the chocolate hurt? :)) <- smiley face with double chin.)

First thing this morning I am back on going strong. I am heading forward with more force than before. Apparently making me mad makes me want it more! I still plan to win! I still plan to exercise! I still plan to eat clean. I upped it a notch this week even more strict than before! I am still going to have the body of my dreams! I'm here going strong with more will power than before.

As for the challenge this week...well lets say I might be able to argue that my posture problems are worse than my weight problems. My hunchback is worse than the pictures Karilynn posted. Now you all are picturing me like a camel with a hump on my back. But seriously, all kidding a side, I have terrible posture. It is very painful to hold my sternum up and my shoulders back. Has been an issue for years. I even bought a special brace several years ago to wear. That helped for a short while, but then the brace hurt so bad to wear, I gave it up. I will try my best to work on my posture this week. I know it looks so nice when my posture is good. I just don't know that I can fix years and years of damage there. I guess I'm trying to fix years and years of damage on my weight, so all things are possible.

I am still trying to finish my list of excuses...I think I've got them...
1. I'm too tired.
2. I want it to come off overnight.
3. I'm not that fat. It could be worse.
4. But...I LOVE food!
5. I don't have the time.
6. Rationalization.
7. Food makes me feel better.
8. I've always eaten this much...it didn't effect me when I was younger.
9. Exercising hurts!

Well, there they are...and I'm trying hard to ignore them so I can keep moving forward! I have become too content with the way I am. But I really am not happy in this body! I want to feel GREAT! I want to look GREAT! I want to be GREAT! I know I sound snobby, but seriously, don't we all want to look good and feel good?

Last thing FYI, as for now, I am not going to update my ticker for a couple of weeks. I'm going to wait and let us all be surprised. I don't know yet if I will wait until the weigh in or do it before...but for now, we wait. I can't bare getting on the scale again and it not going down...Let the pounds fall off. I'm off to work out. I already did my short program this morning. Now for the really HARD and PAINFUL longer workout.

3 comments:

Pitbull said...

You rock girl!!! Love your tenacity! Don't you dare give up! Your body may just be confused cuz you haven't worked out...not sure what to do now! Give it another week, maybe two...I promise if you keep up the eating clean, and the exercise...you WILL see the results!

Karilynn said...

Glad you took a few days to refocus AND that you are still buying "the exercise will pay off" theory I've been continually telling you! :o) Also.. love the double chin comment.. you kill me!

Moi said...

Way to renew your commitment. Skinny people don't get fat by eating bad for one week, so there is no way fat people are going to get skinny by eating well and exercising for one week. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication. I think you have what it takes.