Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm back!

Gotta get my blog in today. I'm not going to let it be the reason why I don't win this month. I have had a very long week with more house guests than anyone would expect. The last of them leave tomorrow. We got through the funeral. It was so emotional and draining. I hosted 10 house guests plus my family of 9 (We have 4 bedrooms and 1 bathroom in our home that are functioning). I am worn out. It kind of blew my exercising for the week. I really couldn't fit in one more thing. But I did awesome on my eating, still. Turned down junk; turned down sugar; turned down everything that wasn't clean. Even in the midst of 20 people, I was able to make my own and eat what I needed to.
So I did great on eating until today....for old time's sake, my dad took me to a car-hop that he went to growing up, and I went to growing up. He is flying home to Alaska tomorrow and wanted to head to get a fresh-lime and a burger from "Peach City" for old times. I couldn't resist and I tried to get something good on the menu...but they have been there since the 1930's, and everything is pretty much burgers and fries, not even a salad on the menu board. So that started it....and then...I got an offer not to refuse...and probably will never happen again. I got to go to a Utah Jazz game with my hubby, with VIP treatment....and no, not VIP treatment from him. We had VIP passes. They included a lovely dinner with fantabulous food, and a wonderful assortment of desserts. Then off to watch the game from row 20 (so close). Then back to the VIP room for popcorn and nachos. The Jazz won! The night was great! And I enjoyed myself. Like I said, the chances of ever having VIP passes again is next to never. So only one day blown. Not bad, I must say.
Well, as of tomorrow, I will be back to a little more normal. It was nice to see all of my family, but they really threw off my groove.
Thank you for all of your kind words and condolences for the loss of my cousin. He will be greatly missed.

1 comment:

Karilynn said...

I'm sorry I was being a blog slacker! So sorry to hear about your cousin.
Glad you got to spend some special time with your dad and WOW!! VIP. Next time your husband gets those you should share with me. ;o) Can't wait to put a little more competition winnings in your account this month! ;o)