Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Love Junk Food!

I wanted to eat some junk today really bad. I am currently surrounded by candy bars, cupcakes, valentine's cookies, and supersized pretzels with cheese sauce. I even know where a good size stash of Reese's peanut butter cups are (good thing they're not the big cup, because those I can't refuse). So, like I said, I wanted to eat some....but I didn't. I didn't do it. I didn't even find something to substitute in for the craving. I simply chose not to eat. I am trying really hard this week to eat during my set hours of eating. I even brushed my teeth right after dinner so I wouldn't want to eat anything else.

Snacking is my major weakness. I can snack on good or bad food. That makes no difference. I have decided that I really enjoy the process of eating. I just do. So I am finding that since I'm not eating all the time, I have a little time on my hands. Well, not a ton, because I am always busy. But I am finding that I have idle time that I would usually be eating. During these little bits of time, it is very hard for me to not choose to eat. So I am going to have to start to fill that time with something so I'm not just sitting in my kitchen staring at what I would like to eat. I could easily fill it with more laundry, or cleaning...then I would have a shiny clean home. But I don't think that will work. I think that I need to fill the time with something that brings me enjoyment so that I can like it as much as I like eating....sorry just rambling on here.

I'm already starting to get nervous about where everyone will be at for the next weigh in...and there is still soooooooo much time left. But I just don't know where I'm at compared to the rest of you, and that is hard. I read your blogs of your success, and then I panic.....what if I'm not doing enough?

3 comments:

Pitbull said...

I just love reading your blogs! Listen, I know we're in a competition, and believe me...I have a very competitive psyche, but I try to think of it as being in competition with myself, not everyone else! Nobody in this competition are under the same circumstances..so we will all lose our weight differently! YES...I can only imagine it must have been amazing to have won last month...but I didn't...but I learned so much from everyone else during that month! Even this month, I still haven't found the time to exercise even one day...but thanks to you actually...my diet has been 100% clean and I've lost a littled weight this month....and it feels great! Please don't focus on how others are doing, cuz it's how you are doing that counts in your life!!! OK enough "mothering"! To fill your little gaps...why not try repeating out loud positive affirmations! I actually have recorded about 10 minutes worth of my own, and listen to it any chance I get...while saying it out loud! It just affirms my success for me! Things like...I turn meal time into success time. or I love myself, I believe in myself, and I know I am a winner. or When it comes to me and my life...I make all the decisions. I never let anyone make any choices for me that can damage my positive way of thinking! ...see...things like that! Even if right now they don't feel true...you'd be surprised how fast constant repetition makes you really believe it...and your entire vision of yourself changes...for the positive!! Just a thought!

Moi said...

Comparing yourself to others will just make you crazy. I don't think everyone is killing it this month, reading the blogs, some people are struggling, like we all do at time, to find the time for healthy eating.
Do what makes yourself feel good!

Karilynn said...

Hmm.. you know I LOVE competiting... adn honestly.. it's the mentality that you have that won me a LOT of money... but... as Tony Horton says in Plyometrics... "did you hear him? He said he would try his best! THAT'S ALWAYS GOOD ENOUGH!"
LOVE YOU! LOVE YOUR BLOG!