Thursday, January 7, 2010

To exercise or NOT

Does running from the door of the skating rink to the farthest away parking spot at high speed (because it was freezing out at 6am) two times count as daily exercise? If not, then I'm not doing really well this week on the exercise thing. I just don't care to exercise. I do well when I really set my mind to it, but it takes so much time out of my day!!!!! I know --get up early or stay up late. But as it is I get up close to 5:30am for my daughter's skating practice, and I already am up way too late (between 11 pm and 12:30 am) getting things done while the children are nestled all snug in their beds. So what's a girl like me to do? This is where I have a really hard time finding the motivation, the desire, the drive. Besides, exercise makes you sore and you hurt. Who would really want to do that to themselves???lol. I guess I need to do some serious thinking and find the will power in me and get dedicated to it -- if it's what I really want...and I do, I do, I do.

As far as eating goes, I am doing awesome!!! Really proud of myself, I must say! I lack no motivation at the moment on the food because I love food! Right now I am having a blast trying and making new things and calculating out what I eat. It's like a game. In fact, I have a whole list of what I am making and trying for the next 3 weeks. They are all foods I love; I'm just experimenting with new recipes. My love of food got me in the situation I am in: FAT!

Had cooked buckwheat with a tsp. of pure honey -- was fantastic. Had wonderful leftovers from last night for lunch. Made a beautiful salad for dinner with avocados, radish sprouts, romaine, tomatoes, jicama, cucumber, albacore tuna, and lemon and olive oil....mmmmmm yum. Even had a fig for dessert. Of course I had a mid-morning snack and a mid-afternoon one as well. AND BEST OF ALL I FEEL GREAT!

If only I can find a way to be as hyped about exercise as I am about food.

I'm channeling positive energy all day long by thinking skinny...thinking skinny...thinking skinny...until one day I AM SKINNY. I think I can... I think I can... I think I can... I know I can...I CAN!


4 comments:

Amy Davis said...

I think food is the bigger challenge really. I could burn a few hundred calories running but I could consume twice that much with a hamburger (and it only takes a few minutes to eat what would take an hour or more to burn off). You're doing awesome with the food! You'll have to post some of your favorite recipes!

Karilynn said...

Seriously... make diet your priority. I've done comps like this before where gals wond lots of money by sticking to their diet and admittedly doing NO exercise. Exercise helps BUT you can totally lose weight without it.. on the flip side.. you can run your BUTT OFF and it will still be there if you eat like crap!

Alison said...

I totally agree with Karilynn that it's easier to lose weight eating better than exercise. With that said, there are lots of benefits to exercise, so it might be beneficial to eventually find something you enjoy doing. I found that I really enjoyed Tae Bo... It was really hard and took me a while to get through the whole tape, but it was actually FUN for me. Now I have "fun" at the gym because I don't have cable at home. Being able to watch HGTV, TLC and other shows is a big motivator to get me on the elliptical or treadmill.

Your salad sounds awesome! I need to get more adventurous with my food.

Unknown said...

GO mandaburke GO!!!!