Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Shopping...

I am so exited about eating healthy again. I have an amazing rush of enthusiasm about all the things I get to eat right now!!! I dragged my friend out shopping today, for produce, and came home with loads and loads of great stuff. I hit some amazing deals at a hole in the wall store. Got pomegranates, kumquats, beets, sprouts, mango, leeks, squash, figs, and so much more. I could go on and on and on. And I got them for fantabulous prices. The hard part is deciding what to eat next.

This morning I started out with a bowl of cooked buckwheat and dried cranberries. Tonight I made a great soup from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook. It turned out so yummy that I'm excited to eat the leftovers tomorrow. It was split peas and veggies. I enjoyed it with spelt flour bread and pure creamed honey for a treat.

I know it has only been a short couple of days, but I am doing awesome! And that makes me feel great!

3 comments:

Grace said...

Sounds delicious! I sometimes forget how much I love fresh veggies until I make a point of eating them more.

love my kiddos said...

Wow! Good job. I wouldn't even know what to do with half of those things. How do you know how to use and cook all those different vegetables? I'm so impressed! It all sounds so yummy!!

Kristie said...

Way to go on your 1st days! Sounds healthy AND delicious :)