Saturday, January 2, 2010

I Love Food

Well there are first times for everything...right? Yesterday I created this blog to journal a weight loss journey I am beginning. I Registered last night for a weight loss competition. I am so excited! A friend told me about this competition http://karisweightlosscomp.blogspot.com/ and I decided I had to at least try. I'm a little nervous, because I can't believe that I am posting this for the world to see. Even if it's only a few friends and other competitors looking at it, to me it feels like the whole world.

I have to say after writing my post yesterday I was surprised at the little boost of excitement, and adrenaline rush I got just for starting. So I was excited to get on and write again today, to keep that drive going.

I know I can do this. Yesterday I caught a few glimpses of pictures from a few years back...and wow...I can't believe the amount of weight I have put on. I know I've seen the numbers on the scale, and I can do the math...but seriously I don't think that I have ever really visually noticed the dramatic difference. I would love to blame the weight gain on the fact that I have 7 children, between the ages of 21 months and 8 years . But....unfortunately I can not blame any of that weight on pregnancy because I lost all of that when I had my last baby 6 years ago...the rest of my kids I had the "easier on the body way"...lol through adoption. Well I guess it's time to face reality, and realize the weight gain I have allowed to take over my body.

I think the really hard thing for me is that I LOVE FOOD! let me say it again I LOVE FOOD! I don't just like eating, I love eating, I love everything about food. I love cooking new recipes, I love baking, trying different and new things. I love the flavors. I love the colors. I love the way food looks on display. I love everything about it...it's in my blood. So I am going to have to find a way to control it....but I don't want to........I love it when people ask me for my most delicious recipes. Ahhhhhhh...just the thought of what I could make today. Yikes people what am I going to do. SO I REALLY NEED TO WORK ON....ALL THINGS IN MODERATION! I can, I can, I can...

1 comment:

Karilynn said...

7 kids 8 and under? Yowzer.. you are AMAZING!! I'm excited you are doing this! I have a feeling you need the "ME TIME!" ;o)