Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What do you do with a 8.4 pound loss?

So I'm not sure if it has fully registered that I actually loss 8.4 pounds. But then I don't know that I should be surprised. After a week of no sugar or artificial sweeteners, no bad carbs, no red meats, no preservative or additives, etc., etc., etc., I earned an 8.4 pound loss. Having a start up week with a loss like that really adds fuel to my fire, so this week I am eating my buckwheat every morning and not complaining.

It is so nice to not feel like I am constantly hungry all of the time. I am eating much smaller meals than I use to, but they are so filling. I am truly amazed, as I look at thesmaller quantity of food now verses before, and before I got hungry. I have to remember to continually have my 6 small meals a day. That is not something that I am use to. But I noticed, like today, I missed my mid morning snack, and by lunch time I was hungry, which makes it a little harder to not snack on the things while fixing the kids' food. Funny thing is that last week I didn't count any calories or anything like that. I just ate however much I wanted because I was eating clean. Well now after my loss this week, I am really nervous that I might eat too much. LOL. But I am sticking to what I have been doing: 6 meals a day, complex carbs, and proteins at each. It worked last week; it will work again.

It was a nice victory to have the loss after passing on a few things that I wouldn't have before. My kids were so proud of me, and my hubby too.

I think I found a quick dinner/lunch that I really love: 4 egg whites whipped, then add the following chopped fresh veggies; tomato, zucchini, green onion, bell pepper, and cilantro. It is so simple and I really love it. A really yummy sweet treat that I like is poached pears with cinnamon and nutmeg.

I'm moving forward this week, even stronger than the last! I feel great and am going on!



3 comments:

Heather Brown said...

That lil meal sounds yummy! Great job! Keep up the good work!

love my kiddos said...

Good for you! That's awesome!

Kristen said...

Hey, I need that "poached pears" recipe! I still have TONS!