Monday, January 4, 2010

So ready

I feel ready. I'm ready, ready to do this. Tomorrow will start the first day of the competition. I will be taking my pictures and have to really face how I look. I have to find the right outfit (that is tooooooooo small) squeeze into it...and then watch myself shrink into it in the next few months. I think the best part about this is I am not doing this alone. I have the great support of my hubby, and fantabulous friends that are doing this with me.
Now I have to schedule and plan, 6 meals day, and 1 hours worth of exercise a day. I've done it before...I can do this for good.
When I lived in Oregon, I changed my families diet to a more natural organic one. We got rid of all prepackaged food, and anything that had additives in it. We ate very well, no refined sugars and processed flours. I even made our own crackers. We turned to things like quinoa, spelt, rye flours, etc. It is expensive and very hard to do. But I felt so good my body was getting what it really needed and a lot of TLC. So I took all the time to do that for my family only to put all the junk back on my shelves 4 years later. I have yet to decide if I can afford to do that again, amazingly the food that takes more processing (more employees to pay more steps to go through) cost less to buy...you've gotta love supply and demand. I would really like to go back to eating that way. There is a quote I read once about determining if food is good for our bodies or not...it went something like "If man has had a hand in it, it's junk." I agree. The things that they have to do to food to extend the shelf life, and make it more convenient, or even look cute and nice, are the things that are slowly killing our bodies.
I know that for me I will be trying hard to put this plan of eating back into my life. I will try to do some of it for my family. The hard thing when I make stuff for the kids and stuff for me...is that it is so much easier to eat what they eat.
Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Karilynn said...

This sounds JUST like Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet! LOVE IT!!

Amanda said...

That's my favorite diet! She is fantastic!

Grace said...

I hope you'll share some recipes if you go back to the less processed meals! :) I watched a very freaky documentary last week called "Food Inc." and aaaaggh! The American food industry is a pretty scary beast.