Thursday, January 28, 2010

Eating to be polite...

So currently here in my house we are having 2 Taiwanese exchange students stay with us for 2 weeks. It has been really fun. But I am having a really hard time with my "clean eating". They brought us some great gifts from Taiwan, many of them food. Cookies, and candy etc. and my neighbor got cake that she shared with me. Anyways, I ate the first candy to be polite and appreciate the gift, which I am sure most of you would agree was the right choice as the 2 girls were eager to see if I liked it. Well, then I at a second candy, simply because I liked the first, and then I ate a 3rd candy justified by the fact that I can't read the ingredients. So there you have it, I tried one of the cookies and one of the pineapple cake. And mmmmmmm........ I would be willing to bet that all these treats are still no where near as "junkie" as American treats, they don't seem to use much sugar nothing is very sweet. But still they are not in my eating plan. The other hard thing is that we are trying to give them the "American experience" and so I found myself eating a slice of pizza last night with them, so that they would eat it. I only had one small slice and filled the rest of my plate with salad. This is very hard. I feel that they might be concerned if I feed them one thing and then eat another. And feeding them things made from quinoa and flax etc. is not the "American experience". I am still trying as best I can. But it has become challenging. I have worked so hard this month on my clean eating and I really don't want to re laps and have to start all over again.

Well I will keep going as strong as I can, and hope the few little splurges won't cost me the weight I have already lost.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Having a small slice of pizza here and there is not going to hurt you… eating half the pizza will! :0) Just keep your portions and priorities in check and you will make it through this just fine. Also, they’ve got McDonalds and Pizza Hut everywhere so try something really unique to America and take them to a local restaurant then have some grilled salmon or chicken…