Friday, January 1, 2010

I'm FAT

I'm FAT. Yep you got it...I'm FAT. So I'm starting this crazy blog in attempt to lose some weight. It wouldn't be New Years without having the annual resolution of losing weight, it's tradition. So in all attempts in keeping tradition alive I am taking some time today to come up with my plan of action. You know the drill, crazy charts and lists of what to eat and what not to eat. Menu options with food on them that you really don't think you can stomach.... An exercise routine that will kick you in the rear...all in hopes that you could shed a few pounds or even ounces before the next time you step on the scale. But really...

All kidding aside, I know I can do this. A few years back I lost some 32 pounds...and it was great. I want to get that drive and ambition back. So really I'm getting my act together and I'm going to do this. Why? You say why???? Well it's all in the title, "My Honey Likes Me Hot." No, honestly I felt better -- I felt great, and I loved the way I looked, and loved the boost in confidence in being successful at something. I like the way it makes me feel that I am making a difference in my life, and in my family's.

Truth be told, I like all the charts, menus and crazy exercise routines. So here I go. Charts, menus, food logs, portion control, healthy eating, weight loss journaling, dreaded before and after photos, exercise, and SKINNIER CLOTHES.

Watch out here I come!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Go 'MandaBurke Go!!!!!!!

Kristen said...

All right! I'm in on it too!

Karilynn said...

So excited to have you here! I can already tell I'm going to LOVE reading your blog! I know you can do this.. because.. I'm doing it. If I can do it.. ANYONE CAN!! I'll be here cheering you on. Just make a commitment to stick to it and you will succeed!