Thursday, January 21, 2010

Threw in the towel...

I'll bet you all thought since you didn't hear from me yesterday that I threw in the towel. Well keep wishing...still going strong. LOL. I wanted to blog last night, but my honey needed the computer, and I went to bed. So here I am...

I'm getting a little more creative in what I am eating and still enjoying it. Curious if anyone has tried a quince. It is a fruit I picked up the other day. I was so excited to try it. I ran a search online to see how to fix it...and you have to cook it. Seriously, this yellow fruit looks like a deformed lemon the size of a grapefruit with a little of a pear shaped core and rock hard. You peel it and cook it for 1 hour -- 1 whole hour. It changes to a pink color and then you can eat it. Well, I peeled mine and cored it, which was really hard because it was like a rock. I put it in the pan to cook. I forgot about it...and we all know what happened about 2 hours later...It was burnt to the bottom of my pan. LOL. So I will have to try again sometime.

The exciting news is my pants are slightly sliding down!!!!

I am still not doing well with the exercise. I think part of the problem is I am tired all of the time. Then, exercise becomes one more thing. I am trying hard to get more sleep so my body can have the strength to exercise. But baby steps -- one thing at a time. I know Tuesday was just here, but I can't wait to jump on my scale again. I now am very happy with my 2.4 pound loss. As long as that scale keeps going down, I'll keep moving on.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Remember when you were dying to try that new fruit cuz it smelled sooooo good. I have to say it kinda makes me laugh that you burnt it! Hahahahha....

Have a great day!

Karilynn said...

Oh Amanda.. I would NEVER think you've quit. You are so in this for the long haul! I do look forward to your posts but I get that we can't all be perfect ALL THE TIME! (Although you are close right?) Do let us know about the retarded pear/apple/lemon! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the loss of weight so far. You are doing so well. Keep up the good work girl.