Sunday, January 17, 2010

Water is my drink of choice! I don't really anticipate it being very hard for me to consume 85 oz of water. I have never measured my water intake, so I am curious to see if I consume that much. If I had to guess, I would say I already do. I drink a ton every day. So here I go to this weeks challenge.

Still very much enjoying my eat clean diet. I am surprised by a couple of things:

First, that I am being able to stick with it and turn down things I love with out hesitation. Crazy things have been happening; like, who in their right mind craves broccoli?

Second, that I have absentmindedly cut most meat out of my diet. I am getting the proteins that I need according to Tosca Reno's plan by eating other protein rich foods; like, egg whites, almond butter, cottage cheese, plain yogurt, and beans. The reason this is so surprising to me is that I am truly a meat and potatoes girl. I LOVE MEAT! I would have never thought that I could eliminate so much and be OK with it. I grew up with having meat -- lots of meat at every meal, and over the years I have done the same with my family. And this past week I had meat 2 times in very small quantities. WOWZA!

I keep rereading Tosca Reno's book, and it seems like every time I reread a chapter, something different stands out. I am enjoying this; it is helping to keep my drive strong! She says I will lose weight faster if I am exercising every day. I fully intend to work on this, this week. I know I said that last week, but I think I have a plan this time :).

1 comment:

Pitbull said...

Sounds like you're doing amazing! I love water too! That's almost all I ever drink (unless it's an occassion...then I drink red wine). You're doing great with 8lbs lost and not exercising yet! If you were to get the exercise in...you'd melt away!