Friday, January 8, 2010

Cookie Dough

This girl's got WILL POWER!!!! Made cookies for my husband's work this morning before he left and...I didn't even eat one! My major weakness is cookie dough and...I didn't have any!!!!!
WOO-HOO!!!! I am so proud of ME!!!

Dinner was great; whole wheat pasta, fresh homemade pesto, steamed broccoli with mushrooms and onions, fresh strawberries! Yum. I Was hoping for some leftovers just for me tomorrow...my kids wiped it mostly out. I had to tell them no more so I could have some lunch tomorrow. There's just a little bit left. My kids love eating healthy and clean...I can't keep up with the costs (there are 7 of them), but apparently if mom is eating it, so are they. I made them some yummy pasta with bacon and cheese and other stuff in it...but go figure, they ate theirs and then ate all of mine. All is well. I should be grateful that my kids like all the "GOOD for you" stuff.

I got a really cool thing today. It's a screen to put on a jar and grow your own sprouts. I also got seeds for bean sprouts, radish sprouts, and alfalfa sprouts. I am excited to see how this goes. I love eating sprouts, but they are often tooooooo pricey. I'll give it a go. For $5.00 (for everything) it's worth a shot.

Still going strong! Still excited! I have opted to not weigh myself except for once a week....and it's killing me. I really want to see if I have lost any weight in the last couple of days, but I am hoping for the element of surprise to take me away.


4 comments:

Kim said...

People who can eat clean seriously impress me. We eat somewhat clean, and I'm sure doing it completely does wonders for weightloss. There are just things I'm not ready to give up yet, and I don't know if I ever will be. =)

Karilynn said...

Sounds yummy! I really wish I were closer to you so you could make all my meals for me! ;o)

Elise said...

I sprout my own seeds and love it! I have some alfalfa sprouts just about ready right now in my kitchen. I love it! Good luck! I love you dinner of healthy clean food!!!

Kristie said...

Congrats on doing so well with the eating and temptations! Your kids are awesome. Think of the great habits you are teaching your kids :)