Sunday, January 10, 2010

Not Even Being Tempted...

It's almost been a week. Can't wait to weigh myself. Headed into this week with great recipe ideas that I can't wait to try.

So what is really crazy is that I am not craving anything. And I am being able to pass on everything that I usually wouldn't. My honey got out ice cream tonight, and I didn't even want any. It was weird that it was so easy to not be interested. In the past, I have taken a few weeks to build up to that real will power. On the first week, I would have justified how good I've been and had a little. But nope, not this time. No sugar this week! I've had a couple of sweet things, like figs, and apricots, and other fruit, but not that yucky white sugar. And I have no sugar craving....so strange. I can attribute this to one major thing that I am doing different this time... I am blogging. Just writing every day for other people to read is making a huge difference to me.

Another thing is that I know when I am eating clean I am giving my body what it needs and what it truly wants. My body doesn't crave, because it isn't lacking the nourishment. Another great thing about eating clean is you eat less: you are filling yourself with good wholesome food and not empty calories. Like dinner tonight I made brown rice, with yummy chicken and peach sauce. I wanted seconds but I was too full. Had baked cabbage and it was delicious. I could have eaten the entire 9x13, but I was stuffed. The flip side of changing your diet is...today I am gassy and my tummy is turning and turning and turning...lol but it too will pass (no pun intended) lol.

I'm loving eating clean again!

2 comments:

Karilynn said...

Baked cabbage? Holy geeze.. I would be beyond gassy! ;o) Congrats on not even being tempted. I really felt that way last time around. It wasn't just blogging.. it was that I had REALLY DECIDED that I WAS GOING TO DO IT THIS TIME!! I think you are off to a fantastic start! ;o)

Amber said...

You are doing amazing Amanda... I am still trying to fight not being tempted. I have a bad suger tooth. I did go and get dried apples though. And special K cereal I hope it workes for me. It did last time I lost weight. Just hope it workes again. You inspire me to try harder....